By Sybel Ocampo
It is a requirement to fill out Schedule B3 - Economic Impact Payment in your 2021 Individual Return.
Once you fill out and validate your return, you will notice that, if you did not fill out Schedule B3, an error will appear in the validation of your return. If you select said error, you will be redirected to Schedule B3 so that you can complete it and file it.
Here are the steps you need to take:
1. In question 2 of Schedule B3:
- Choose No: If you have not or will not be claimed as a dependent on the PR 2021 Return.
- Choose Yes: If you were claimed or will be claimed as a dependent on the PR 2021 Return.
2. In questions 3 and 5, only the number of dependents who qualify will appear in the box.
Qualifying Dependent – child, stepchild, legally adopted child, foster child, or descendant who:
- be a resident of Puerto Rico throughout the taxable year and at the time of filing the return;
- be 18 years of age or younger as of December 31, 2021. Full-time students: 25 years of age or younger as of the last day of the taxable year;
- qualify to be claimed or were claimed as a dependent by the eligible individual because you received more than half of the support from that eligible individual;
- have a valid Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification number, and have not been claimed as a dependent by another taxpayer, except in the case of parents with children in joint custody.
3. The question in bold that appears under question 13:
Did you receive any amount of the original Economic Impact Payment during the year 2021?
- You must specify whether or not you received the Economic Impact Payment during the year 2021.
4. In question 14:
- You must enter the amount you received in the third Economic Impact Payment they sent.