11 Common Questions about Taxmania
1. I want to know the status of my filing.
When filing your tax return, Taxmania shows its status as shown by the Treasury Department. If you want to know the estimated time or more information, you can enter your SURI account or contact the technical support of said platform at (787) 622-0123.
2. Can I file my tax return in Taxmania after the expiration date?
You can transmit through our portal while the Department of the Treasury is accepting electronic filings.
3. Why haven't I received my Tax Return if I have already filed my taxes?
The duration in which the forms are processed depends on SURI. Taxmania does not have an estimate of the time in which the form can be accepted and reflected in SURI.
It is extremely important that, once the tax return is filed, you keep the copy as evidence.
4. I have already filed my 1040, why is it filed but failed? Did it settle?
If your federal return shows an error, it was not filed. You must verify the error message and correct it on your return to file again.
5. Why can't I see my spreadsheets from previous years?
You must verify that the email entered is the same as the one used in past years. Additionally, you must confirm and validate that the form has been made from the Taxmania platform.
6. How can I link my accounts?
Accounts cannot be joined. You must enter each taxable year with the email used for that period.
7. Can I switch to a Specialist account?
Yes, to learn more about the preparer/specialist license you can access the following link: Taxmania Specialist - Professional For Preparers and CPA.
8. What years can I file electronically?
Taxmania allows you to electronically file tax returns from 2019 onwards.
For 2018 tax returns and older, you can print them and deliver them to the relevant collectives and they will be accepted. You can access the Department of Treasury here:
- Department of Treasury, Intendente Alejandro Ramírez Building in Old San Juan or in an Internal Revenue Collection Office. Click here to search for the closest one.
- Counseling and Payroll Preparation Centers. For information on the Payroll Centers, click here.
- Department of Treasury PO Box 50072 San Juan PR 00902-6272
9. Can I upload the evidence to SURI directly from Taxmania?
Any additional evidence or document that you think is pertinent to submit with your return, you must do it directly in SURI.
10. What to do if the refund information and/or determined amount does not agree with the Department of Treasury?
You must verify that the amount is entered without periods or commas. Additionally, you must enter your SURI account and validate that your form has not undergone changes.
11. How long can my refund take?
The time it takes for the refunds to arrive may vary according to each case and how the return is processed by the Department of Treasury.
If the return has a repair or adjustment, it may take time. Common reasons that cause concerns include computational errors, credit claims or deductions that do not apply, and not reporting all the correct income, among others.
It is always recommended that you validate in your SURI account that you do not have any alerts. If you do not have any notification, you must write directly to verify why it has been delayed.
Taxmania does not process refunds.
Does your question not appear here? Access the article 5 Common Mistakes to Avoid when Filling out your PR Tax Return. You can also visit our Blog and Frequently Asked Questions Page.
Ready to prepare your return? Access Taxmania.