Ready to file your taxes but don't know where to start? Don't worry, with Taxmania you will simplify the process of preparing and filing your taxes online in an easy, quick, and secure manner. Discover the benefits Taxmania offers and why it remains the preferred option for more than a million taxpayers in Puerto Rico for the past 16 years.
What are the Benefits of Filling Out Your Taxes with Taxmania?
You don't have to be an expert to prepare your taxes with Taxmania. You can fill out your form in just minutes. You can try out the program for free and pay once you're ready to submit them, so you have nothing to lose. But, if you need more reasons to give it a try, learn more about the benefits here:
- Two Ways to Fill Out the Form. At Taxmania we offer two options, both available in English and Spanish, for filling out your taxes:
- Classic Model. This version is similar to the traditional paper form.
- Basic Model. Designed for forms with simple scenarios. This option allows you to fill out the form by answering questions that automatically fill out the form.
- Mobile. Fill out your form from your computer, tablet, or even your cell phone.
- Security. We have the SOC 2 Type II audit, which guarantees that we offer maximum security for your personal data.
- Completely online. It's completely on the cloud, so you don't have to download heavy programs to your computer.
- It Validates the Form. One of the advantages that Taxmania offers is that it validates and points out any missing information before filing your taxes, which allows you to correct errors.
- Licenses. We comply with all regulations and requirements, as certified providers of the Department of Treasury and the IRS.
- Optional Computation. For form 482, you will have the option of being married filing jointly or married filing with optional computation.
- Technical support. If you have questions about the platform, you can fill out and send a help request and they will answer you as soon as possible. The team is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. You can also visit our blog Support, where we offer articles that can help clarify your doubts, or you can watch our tutorials How to Fill out the Puerto Rico Form at Taxmania.com and How to Request the Credit for Children in Form 1040-PR from Taxmania.
- Available credits. These have some requirements to qualify for them. If you have any questions, please visit Hacienda or the IRS:
- Credit for work: Credit available to people 19 years of age or older, who have worked in the year 2022. The total credit of the eligible individual is determined by the Gross Earned Income and the number of Qualifying Dependents.
- Credit for children: Credit for residents of Puerto Rico with children under 17 years of age. It is not automatically given. Individuals must meet certain requirements to be eligible to file the federal form and receive the refundable tax credit. Not sure if you qualify or not? Visit our blog Credit for Children or Dependents, Tax Year 2022 for more information.
- American Opportunity: This credit benefits university students. They may claim it for a maximum credit of $1,000, depending on the parameters they meet at the time of filing the tax return. Learn about the requirements and what you must do to claim the credit by visiting our blog Are you Applying for the American Opportunity Credit?
What Forms are Currently Available on Taxmania?
At Taxmania you can prepare and file the Puerto Rico Individual Tax Return Form, the 1040-PR Child Tax Credit (CTC) version, the 1040-PR and/or the 1040-US:
- Puerto Rico Individual Tax Return Form: This is a declaration of income for residents in Puerto Rico. You need a withholding statement (Form 499R-2/W-2PR) and any informative form you accumulated that year (Forms 480.6A, 480.6B, 480.6C, 480.6D, 480.6SP or 480.7C, among others). It has a total cost of $22.00 per return +IVU*.
- 1040-PR Credit for Children: To make a claim for the credit for a minor dependent, you would need to fill out a 1040-PR. It has a total cost of $19.99 per return +IVU*.
- 1040-PR/SS: If you are going to file a federal self-employment form or if you are going to pay Medicare and federal social security, you will need to file a 1040-PR. It has a total cost of $24.99 per form + IVU*.
- 1040-US: This is a report on income from services rendered by employers in the United States or for retired US individuals with federal sources. You will need to fill out a 1040-U.S. It has a total cost of $24.99 per return +IVU*.
We offer an exclusive version for specialists and corporations. You can purchase a license that has a total cost of $199.99 + IVU* and includes 15 tax forms. It includes 10 Individual Forms (form 482) and an additional 5 for federal forms(1040-PR/SS/US). After the #15 form, a $7.99 fee +IVU* is applied for each additional form.
(known as the Spanish abbreviation for the acronym Tax on Sales and Use).*
What Information Do You Need to Fill Out Your Form?
Verify that you have all the necessary documents to file your taxes, such as the withholding statement (Form 499R-2/W-2PR) and any other informative statements that you might have accumulated that year.
Do not waste any more time and start filing your taxes for free and pay once you are ready to file. It's easy, fast, and safe. Visit Taxmania today!